Tailwaters Rising Tide Partnership
Shop it. Fish it. Give Back… A rising tide floats all boats.
Welcome to the Tailwaters Fly Fishing Company Application Page and The Tailwaters Fly Fishing Company Rising Tide Partnership Inquiry Sheet. Over the last twelve years, Tailwaters has slowly become a Dallas Institution. We have participated in many local, domestic, and international community events, through raffles, auctions, tournaments, other fundraisers and charity efforts.
Our business particularly takes pride in giving back to non-profit organizations, schools, and other charities that benefit our community. Without the local community, the shop would not be what it is today! Many outdoor retailers, including Tailwaters, also actively support broader efforts for both philanthropic and conservation causes such as a Day for Bristol Bay (Stop the Pebble Mine), Belize’s Gill Net Ban, Hurricane relief efforts in both Texas and the Bahamas, and many others. Recently Tailwaters has become an even more active participant in supporting the Borracho Pescador fishing tournament in Port O’Connor, TX benefiting Casting 4 a Cure, raising funds to conduct vital research efforts for Rett Syndrome; a rare genetic disorder primarily found in female toddlers.
We are solicited just about every week for donations and/or discounts to various causes locally and abroad. There is simply no way a small retailer can sustain this demand and comply with every request. To that end, our vision is to enhance awareness for both the charitable efforts we affiliate with simultaneous to gaining the best exposure for the shop.
In the Fall of 2019, Tailwaters launched, The Rising Tide Partnership, providing loyal clients of Tailwaters Fly Fishing Company the opportunity to partner with us and raise funds for qualifying organizations. These organizations select a day to participate in The Rising Tide program to raise funds for their group while shopping locally at Texas’ Fly Shop!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
An organization (formally seeking a donation) selects an available calendar date of their choice, to have a “day at the shop”. When supporters or members of that organization come to the store to shop on the designated date and mention the sponsored charity, Tailwaters will give 10% of that sale to the organization… or 10% of the total sales for that day!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Nominate your non-profit organization in the form below.
- Wait for confirmation email assigning the date of your fundraiser.
- Prior to The Rising Tide Shop Day, contact the General Manager of Tailwaters for recommendations and tips, to help spread the word, to raise awareness and funds!
- At the end of the fundraising shop day, Tailwaters will tally the total sales and write a check directly back to the organization.
- Organizations are encouraged to market the event within their respective groups via online platforms and social media. Tailwaters will partner in these efforts as well. Catered events with food and beverages are welcome to help drive traffic. Our vision is that top attended events will occur, year after year.
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- Make sure you have nomination support from your organization.
- Create a coupon/flyer for your participants to show at event, for event participation success tracking